For fresh, modern and unique fabrics stop by Contemporary Cloth Inc. - online fabric store.



Thursday, June 3, 2010

4-in-1 Reversible Headband - Sew Darn Cute by Jenny Ryan

With summer upon us a headband is a quick and sleek way to keep your hair out of your face.  Using some sewing room scraps and less than an hour, you can make this adorable reversible headband!

This particular pattern is found in Sew Darn Cute by Jenny Ryan.  The pattern suggests that you need two 7" x 22" pieces of fabric, but half a 3" wide piece would suffice.

I started with these lovely fabrics.


Pin the pattern pieces on your fabric and cut.


Whenever I can, I use the cut pieces of fabric for my pattern pieces to cut the next pieces out.  I usually don't have to pin them.


Following the instructions, I placed the right sides together....



and stitched them using a 1/4" seam.


To make the point, be sure to pivot.


I trim my corners and points in several steps.  In this case, I cut across the point and then taper the edges toward the point.


Turn all pieces inside and out and press.


Next, insert the short section into the center section.  Pin and topstitch.



I whipped up the other headband and love the floral and polka dots combination!


How can you enjoy these accessories in four different ways?  Since it is reversible, you have two options.  And then you can wear it tied under your neck or up in a funky knot!






Reference: the book - Sew Darn Cute written by Jenny Ryan, published by St. Martin's Griffin, 2009.

Thank you Jenny for the great pattern and thanks to Jane of Maiden Jane for the demonstration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails