Jane of Maiden Jane developed her first pattern! Congrats to you, Jane! Recycling at it's best and...warm & cozy...plus precious memories. How often do you find all of those characteristics in one project?!
Go here for the GIVE-AWAY information...
This easy pattern will guide you through the steps to make a perfectly practical T-shirt quilt. My design uses polar fleece to make a soft back, eliminating the need for batting. This machine washable quilt, is ideal for:
- high school and college graduates; it makes a wonderful gift and preserves memories while being used as a throw they can take with them.
- use as a stadium blanket; save up your favorite sports-themed T-shirts.
- turning your husband’s or student’s giant T-shirt collection into a comfy throw.
- a picnic blanket.
- preserving memories of a loved one.
- eliminating storage of T-shirts without eliminating the memories.
- a decorative wall hanging.
This quilt is a handmade gift that you will want to make time and again. I have made dozens and have developed this pattern and the most straight-forward method to achieve quality results.
Approximate Finished Quilt Size: 4' x 5'.
Skill level: beginner to intermediate sewer
Patterns are in PDF format and will be sent via email within 24 hours of payment.
Shop at Jane's etsy store for her T-Shirt Memory Quilt Sewing Pattern!
See the Maiden Jane blog for several more examples of her quilt.